Thursday, March 31, 2016

Adventures in testing new products



So yeah, whoops! This is what happens when you forget to rinse the soap making dishes before putting them in the dishwasher... Oh well, that floor needed to be cleaned anyway haha!

I haven't blogged since I got things rolling again this past fall, but if you follow me on Facebook then you'll know I've been staying quite busy over here!




Lately I've been working on restocking some favorite products, as well as testing some new things that I'm hoping to have available on the site soon!

The "mess" you see above was the result of the latest test batch, a cream soap base, that will be used to formulate a few different products I've got in mind, such as body wash, bubble bath, face wash and possibly a few others.

I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the amount of suds, so I suppose something in my recipe worked out well! I'm excited to try it out after it's finished resting :)




Here you see the soap resting in the storage container that will be it's home for the next couple of weeks, until it's ready to be whipped again and turned into various different product testers!


I have to say, I'm impressed with the suds life of this soap. These suds sat in this pan for over an hour before I took this picture. This gives me hope that this first batch may not need any further tweaking and may be just what I was aiming for when I put it together!

Stay tuned, as I plan to post more blog updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment